We provide an easy way for musicians to find a piano accompanist, for exams, concerts, rehearsals etc. If you are an accompanist and you would like to offer your services, please register.
If you are looking for an accompanist, just use our search box on the right.
Join for Free!
Join Piano Accompanists by clicking on the link below...
Piano Accompanists - Recent News
|Performance Job Listing - 411 East Clinton Ave., Tenafly, NJ 07670 - Piano Accompanist|
|Teaching Job Listing - JCC Thurnauer School of Music 411 East Clinton Ave., Tenafly, NJ 07670 - Piano Accompanist|
|Performance Job Listing - Oakland, CA - Accompanist/Pianist|
First Unitarian Church of Oakland
685 14th St Oakland, CA 94612
About First Unitarian Church
The First Unitarian Church of Oakland is a spiritually alive, justice-centered congregation in downtown Oakland. Our music reflects our vision of a multi-cultural, multi-generational, anti-racist community, and is an eclectic mix--from Bach to blues, including contemporary worship music.
The Accompanist is part of a team of staff musicians who combine their talents to bring music to worship every Sunday. The person in this position will provide keyboard accompaniment for hymns and our praise band, Joyful Noise, for 28 Sundays each year.
Sunday morning hours are 8:30 to 1:00. (Sept through June) 9:30 to 11:45 (July and August) Dates to be assigned
Essential Job Responsibilities
• Serves as keyboard accompanist for hymns, musical groups or solo performers on 28 Sundays each year
• Occasionally performs as solo musician in service
• Communicates as needed with clergy, other staff musicians, and lay worship leaders to plan worship services
• Supports and orients occasional guest musicians
• Arranges for music for 8 Sundays each year—including small groups of congregant musicians, guest musicians, or as a solo performer
Core Skills and Experience
• Extensive experience as an accompanist required
• Demonstrated ability to perform as solo musician and accompany band ensembles required
• Able to read music proficiently as well as improvise required
• Experience as a church musician required
• Ability to lead congregational singing preferred
• Connections to potential guest musicians preferred
Email cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
View More Details - Accompanist/Pianist